EASD – European Association for the Study of Diabetes
The European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) was founded in Montecatini, Italy in 1965. The Association is based on individual membership and embraces scientists, physicians, laboratory workers, nurses and students from all over the world who are interested in diabetes. The aims of the EASD are to encourage and support research in the field of diabetes, the rapid diffusion of acquired knowledge and to facilitate its application. The Association has fourteen study groups of which the PSAD can be counted.
Links to the websites of other international diabetes organisations can be found below.
- IDF – International Diabetes Federation www.idf.org
- ADA – American Diabetes Association www.diabetes.org
- AFD – Association Française des Diabétiques www.afd.asso.fr
- DDG – Deutsche Diabetes-Gesellschaft www.deutsche-diabetes-gesellschaft.de
- Diabetes UK – British Diabetic Association www.diabetes.org.uk
- DVN – Diabetesvereniging Nederland www.dvn.nl
- FED – Federación Española de Diabetes www.fundaciondiabetes.org
Diabetes & Psychology
On this site we compiled links to the websites of subsections and study groups of diabetes organisations, that focusses in psychosocial aspects of diabetes.
Diabetes and Psychology was founded in 1990 by members of the Cosortium Psychology and Behavioral Medicin of the German Diabetes Association (DDG). The purpose of the society is the research of psychological and educational aspects of diabetes. www.diabetes-psychologie.de
The Diabetes Psychology research group is a subsection of the Department of Medical Psychology of the VU University Medical Center Amsterdam. The mission of the research group is to enhance our understanding of the psychosocial aspects of diabetes, improve psychosocial care for persons with diabetes and thereby the quality of lives of those living with diabetes. www.diabetespsychology.nl
EDID -European Depression in Diabetes research consortium