The PSAD-Sanofi Travel Fellowships enables a PhD student or post-doctoral researcher to travel and stay at another institution in order to learn specific techniques or skills required for the advancement of their psychosocial diabetes research project and not available at their home institution. The home and/or the host institution must be based in Europe or North-America, both must be non-profit and each must be in a different country. Applicants must be a member of the PSAD and employed at their home institution during their award.
The duration of the stay may be up to 3 months. The Fellowship is for up to Euro 8,000.
The following regulations will apply:
- Applications may be made by any current member of the PSAD, currently either in a PhD or post-doctoral programme. Fellows may not hold a permanent appointment.
- Applications detailing a specific project and including a letter of support from their PhD supervisor or manager (post-doctoral researcher) and host institution, should be made to the PSAD Executive Committee, which together with a representative of Sanofi will review the applications.
- The successful applicant must travel to the host institution within 6 months of receipt of the Award.
- The funds must be transferred into a European or North-American institution.
- The successful applicant is expected to provide a written report and confirmation of stay from the host institution within a month of return to the home institution or by 15th May 2019, whatever date comes first.
- The awardee should also be willing to present aspects of their research at a scientific meeting sponsored by Sanofi and at the following PSAD meeting.
More information and application instructions can be found in the PSAD-Sanofi Travel Fellowship application document.
Applications for this Fellowship must be submitted by email to the Honorary Secretary of the PSAD (Dr. Andreia Mocan; email@example.com) by 1st September 2018 before 18:00 (CET).